Monday, August 8, 2011

what have I learned...

This morning I learned that life is like getting caught in an undercurrent.  If I fight and claw to try and save myself I will drown.  I actually did that once and I almost died.  I finally gave up the fight and relaxed and was tossed a bit like a dish rag but was guided by the water to a safe place I could get out.  The Tao teaches that we must live without striving.  I believe that means to live in your own boundaries and not the worlds and to give up trying to control others and the world (which unfolds naturally and there is no way to rush it or stop it).  Giving up trying to please others or trying to control the way you are perceived.  It's also about not trying to control the outcome of life but trusting that God will take you were you need to be in the time you need to be there, just like spring flowers.  That takes patience but not control.  Patience is allowing.  Control is demanding.  I do not want to be demanding, of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment